- A wingless louse fly, especially one that is a parasite of sheep.
More example sentences
- Several species in the family Hippoboscidae, in particular the sheep ked (Melophagus ovinus)
- Treatment for sheep ked is easily applied and is often the most effective following spring shearing.
- The areas of the sheep that sheep ked are most commonly found on are the neck, shoulders and stomach.
- It is the only deer ked currently found on white-tailed deer in the southeastern United States.
late 16th century: of unknown origin.