Peep surreptitiously: he keeked through the window
More example sentences
- A quick glance around revealed a half-dozen other kids concealed in doorways, keeking out from behind walls, or half - hidden behind trees.
- She doesn't like playing piano and hates being keeked by Nobita Nobi when she was washing.
- When books were read round class, and you got the belt if you got carried away and keeked at the next page before you were allowed to.
A surreptitious glance.
- John Knox might not approve (though he would probably have a keek through the curtain); the two Roberts, Burns and Fergusson, certainly would.
- It's an odd story, a keek through the keyhole at the inner workings of how to stay famous, but it also serves to illustrate just how far the writer has come.
- They vanish like dreams at morn's first keek.
Late Middle English: perhaps related to Dutch kijken 'have a look'.
Words that rhyme with keekantique, batik, beak, bespeak, bezique, bleak, boutique, cacique, caïque, cheek, chic, clique, creak, creek, critique, Dominique, eke, freak, geek, Greek, hide-and-seek, Lalique, leak, leek, Martinique, meek, midweek, Mozambique, Mustique, mystique, oblique, opéra comique, ortanique, peak, Peake, peek, physique, pique, pratique, reek, seek, shriek, Sikh, sleek, sneak, speak, Speke, squeak, streak, teak, technique, tongue-in-cheek, tweak, unique, veronique, weak, week, wreak
Definition of keek in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.