- A harmless Australian snake which lives close to water, where it feeds exclusively on frogs and the cane toad, whose venom it is immune to.
More example sentences
- Amphiesma mairii, family Colubridae
- The narrow bands of speckled scales which adorn the body and tail are also a typical keelback pattern.
- The keelbacks living in fields are gentle little snakes.
- We recommend that the red-necked keelback be considered a dangerous animal and the public be discouraged from keeping it as a pet.
so named because each scale on the back has a keel.