- A headdress worn by Arab men, consisting of a square of fabric fastened by a band round the crown of the head.More example sentences
- His trademark Palestinian headdress, the keffiyeh, which he adopted in 1956 as a radical student, made him immediately identifiable and became part of the myths he wove about his life.
- Old Arab men wearing keffiyehs swayed on their canes as they talked to their Jewish friends inside the kibbutz grounds.
- The 51-year-old wore a white kaffiyeh and a white robe with square-rimmed glasses and a salt-and-pepper beard.
early 19th century: from Arabic keffiyya, kūfiyya.
More definitions of keffiyehDefinition of keffiyeh in:
- The US English dictionary