- 1A small barrel, especially one of less than 10 gallons or (in the US) 30 gallons.More example sentences
- The owners of this bar have been very good to us, and occasionally even send down kegs of beer in the summer for special parties.
- The wrong gas system will cause beer inside kegs to go flat or get foamy at the end of every keg.
- After this it will be stored for conditioning, filtered, then packaged in bottles, cans or kegs.
- 1.1British short for keg beer.
early 17th century: variant of Scots and US dialect cag, from Old Norse kaggi.