- A Japanese form of fencing with two-handed bamboo swords, originally developed as a safe form of sword training for samurai: [as modifier]: a kendo match kendo waist armourMore example sentences
- It is a fact that karate, judo, kendo, and iaido are much easier to learn than aikido.
- I've trained in western fencing, kendo and martial arts, and the knocks are different, but with a good instructor the results are the same.
- Judo, kendo, and karate-do have been introduced as sports.
Japanese, from ken 'sword' + dō 'way'.
More definitions of kendoDefinition of kendo in:
- The US English dictionary