noun (plural kepis)
- A French military cap with a horizontal peak.More example sentences
- Mackenzie stares out of his portrait beneath a military kepi and above a flourishing hedgerow of beard, a hybrid of fiery Highland chieftain and determined Victorian philanthropist.
- All that was missing were legionnaires in blue tunics and white kepis, with blancoed webbing straps attaching grey army blankets to their backs as they drilled under the Saharan sun.
- He furnished his security guards with French-style uniforms complete with capes and kepis.
mid 19th century: from French képi, from Swiss German Käppi, diminutive of Kappe 'cap'.
More definitions of kepiDefinition of kepi in:
- The US English dictionary