- Surgical removal of a section or layer of the cornea, usually performed using a laser to correct myopia.More example sentences
- The report provides information on the safety and effectiveness of four types of refractive eye surgery: radial keratotomy, photorefractive keratectomy, laser in situ keratomileusis and intraocular lenses.
- Photo-refractive keratectomy involves treating the surface of the cornea with an Excimer laser which results in flattening of the cornea to correct myopia.
- Photorefractive keratectomy evolved concurrently with the development of laser technology within refractive surgery.
More definitions of keratectomyDefinition of keratectomy in:
- The US English dictionary