- A compound whose molecule contains both a carboxyl group (—COOH) and a ketone group (—CO—).More example sentences
- It also suggests that there is an important role for the transporters of amino and keto acids and of NH 3 across the membranes separating the different compartments, particularly across the mitochondria and chloroplasts.
- It is now known that the alternative pathway becomes more activated when the AOX protein is reduced and when specific keto acids, for example, pyruvate, are present in sufficiently high concentration.
- Lipoic acid catalyzes the decarboxylation of [alpha] keto acids in the Krebs cycle.
More definitions of keto acidDefinition of keto acid in:
- The US English dictionary