- A large drum shaped like a bowl, with a membrane adjustable for tension (and so pitch) stretched across. Also collectively called timpani.More example sentences
- And men beat on basins, tin pans, bass drums, and kettledrums.
- The sound is excellent for its age and the particular timbre of oboes, clarinets and bassoons accompanied by the battery of kettledrums has to be heard to be believed!
- A typical cumbia is performed with a male singer (usually a high baritone or tenor) backed by a male chorus, drums (primarily kettledrum and bass drum), electric guitar and bass, and either a brass section or an accordion.
More definitions of kettledrumDefinition of kettledrum in:
- The US English dictionary