- 1A panel of keys that operate a computer or typewriter.More example sentences
- Input devices may consist of computer mice, keyboards, pixels of one or more video cameras, wearable computer devices, or other sensors with which users can interact.
- Everyone who has a computer has a keyboard, but not everyone has a joystick or gamepad.
- Typewriting institutes are becoming an oddity, as manual typewriters are swept away by word processing software and computer keyboards.
- 2A set of keys on a piano or similar musical instrument.More example sentences
- With the invention of the transportable keyboard, pianists may own their keyboards, which can be installed in any piano of a given make and model.
- A great idea, but I'm not sure how helpful this would be for the person who knows nothing of the piano keyboard.
- Do you use such props as audio or video recorders, or a piano keyboard?
- 2.1An electronic musical instrument with keys arranged as on a piano: she plays keyboards and guitarMore example sentences
- Yet, worship leaders, armed with electronic keyboards and bass guitars, may not be theologically, let alone liturgically trained.
- By the late 1990s, electric guitars, keyboards, and snare drums were common in urban areas.
- The ballet is set to Bach organ music, played on electronic keyboards geared to duplicate the sound of a traditional pipe organ.
verb[with object] Back to top
- Enter (data) by means of a keyboard: entries would be keyboarded (as noun keyboarding) keyboarding is an important job skillMore example sentences
- As I pointed out above, keyboarding itself lacks the expressiveness and variability of handwriting.
- So keyboarding it was and his music became more than just a pastime.
- By automating frequently used procedures, a macro program can save on both mousing and keyboarding.
- sense 1 of the noun.More example sentences
- How long can a space bar - which operates off a single, central point - hold up to a keyboarder who always hits it off-center, with the right thumb?
- It was much better for the keyboarders to enter these as they encountered them in the article.
- The use of a single center for each hand has an added advantage for beginning keyboarders and those whose have poor finger control.
- sense 2 of the noun.More example sentences
- He developed a sonic vocabulary all his own, with a band that had an idiosyncratic sound eventually built around two keyboardists, two guitarists, and a sax player.
- Electric bass players, like guitarists, keyboardists, drummers, and other rock musicians, can get out of control with gear when searching for the perfect tone.
- With three guitarists, three back-up vocalists, two keyboardists, a drummer and a saxophonist, this is a big band.
More definitions of keyboardDefinition of keyboard in:
- The US English dictionary