Definition of keyhole in English:
1A hole in a lock into which the key is inserted.
- Selecting one, he inserted it into the keyhole and turned.
- Sighing as he opened his leather pouch on his waist and dug out a set of lock picks, he expertly selected the right tool for the job and inserted it into the keyhole.
- She inserted it in the keyhole, and it gave a small click and swung open.
1.1A circle cut out of a garment as a decorative effect, typically at the front or back neckline: clever keyholes reveal pieces of midriff [as modifier]: a white dress with a keyhole back
More example sentences
- The most memorable pieces were undoubtedly Gucci's clingy, dress with a daring keyhole neckline and its slinky, cut-out swimsuit.
- The red and green multi-sleeveless top with a keyhole neckline is perfect for hot summer nights.
- Allison was dressed in a completely red bodice with dramatic keyhole front, draped waist, and cascading front tulip hemline.
Words that rhyme with keyholekneehole
Definition of keyhole in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan