Definition of keyhole in English:
1A hole in a lock into which the key is inserted.
- Selecting one, he inserted it into the keyhole and turned.
- Sighing as he opened his leather pouch on his waist and dug out a set of lock picks, he expertly selected the right tool for the job and inserted it into the keyhole.
- She inserted it in the keyhole, and it gave a small click and swung open.
1.1A circle cut out of a garment as a decorative effect, typically at the front or back neckline: clever keyholes reveal pieces of midriff [as modifier]: a white dress with a keyhole back
More example sentences
- The most memorable pieces were undoubtedly Gucci's clingy, dress with a daring keyhole neckline and its slinky, cut-out swimsuit.
- The red and green multi-sleeveless top with a keyhole neckline is perfect for hot summer nights.
- Allison was dressed in a completely red bodice with dramatic keyhole front, draped waist, and cascading front tulip hemline.
Words that rhyme with keyholekneehole
Definition of keyhole in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.