Definition of keylogger in English:
A computer program that records every keystroke made by a computer user, especially in order to gain fraudulent access to passwords and other confidential information.
- The keylogger allows the hackers to monitor any activity on the infected machine - in effect to control the computer.
- One of the files contained inside the Zip archive file is a keylogger which can send messages to an Indonesian email address.
- Hackers allegedly captured the code by using key loggers that they installed on company computers.
- Example sentences
- The eavesdropping charges arose from his use of keylogging software to spy on victims' net activities in 2000.
- Those wanting to steal account details from a personal computer can purchase an extraordinary range of keylogging devices.
- The hackers managed to infiltrate the system with sophisticated keylogging software that would have enabled them to track every button pressed on computer keyboards.
Definition of keylogger in:
- US English dictionary