- A male cook, who often also assumes the role of house steward.More example sentences
- The Census of 1876 lists a wide range of domestic servants such as khansamas or butlers, cooks, gardeners, barbers, water-carriers, and others, who resided mostly outside the city limits.
- But every British household had a khansama who learnt to fashion, out of local ingredients, the porridges, pies and pastries that were now required.
- She likes to go to the kitchen and help the khansama with his work.
from Urdu and Persian ḵānsāmān, from ḵān 'master' + sāmān 'household goods'.
More definitions of khansamaDefinition of khansama in:
- The US English dictionary