- A tree with fragrant yellow flowers and useful timber that resembles teak, native to tropical and southern Africa.
More example sentences
- Pterocarpus angolensis, family Leguminosae
- And my friend Glen Davis has a box pentatonic kalimba which has the deepest darkest kiaat wood I have ever seen.
- This is a kiaat tree, which is slow growing, and often forms very twisted shapes.
- The kiaat is a deciduous, spreading and slightly flat-crowned tree with a high canopy.
mid 19th century: via Dutch from Malay kayu jati 'teak wood'.