adjectiveBack to top
- (Of a person) very anxious not to miss an opportunity; grasping.More example sentences
- Despite the generally negative connotation of kiasu behaviour, there is also a positive side to it, one which surfaces as diligence and hard work in order to be on top of any situation.
- I think many of the rural people are complex, too shy, too kind to have this kiasu drive.
- Alas, we didn't get to make it in the end because we weren't kiasu enough.
from Chinese, 'scared to lose'.
More definitions of kiasuDefinition of kiasu in:
- The US English dictionary