- 1A type of covered Russian sledge.More example sentences
- The silent and robust young man riding the horse that drew her kibitka was the chieftain of his tribe.
- Fearing bad weather, I got out of the kibitka and went into the post station, intending to take a rest.
- Day was breaking when the kibitka reached the left bank, where one of the wide alleys of the park ended.
- 2A circular tent, covered with felt, formerly used by Tartars.More example sentences
- It is suggested that the latticed kibitka was adopted by the Turks of Southern Siberia from the Mongols.
- We suggest you to spend several nights in a real nomad kibitka.
- Inside our kibitka the rain dripped in, water froze and snow blew around.
late 18th century: Russian, from Tartar and Kyrgyz kibit (from Arabic qubbat 'dome') + the Russian suffix -ka.