- 1A strap used to prevent a horse from kicking.More example sentences
- Of course he was in no danger, not with a good kicking strap, new harness, and buggy.
- He'd had to put a kicking strap on him because they were just breaking him to drive single, but he had never offered to kick.
- 2 Sailing A rope lanyard fixed to a boom to prevent it from rising.More example sentences
- She doesn't seem to have twigged that if I've been sailing since I was six, mostly in a Wayfarer, I've had to dodge quite a few booms and guillotine-like kicking straps (a vang for my American readers, if I have any).
- We are getting much better at rigging the damn boat, although we generally forget the kicking strap until we are out on the water.
More definitions of kicking strapDefinition of kicking strap in:
- The US English dictionary