Definition of kikoi in English:
noun (plural kikois)[mass noun]
1A distinctive East African striped cloth with an end fringe.
- A kikoi - a stripy piece of cotton cloth from Kenya - but a sarong or some such would do as well.
- Kenya stands to lose the name Kikoi, associated with locally made fabrics.
1.1 [count noun] A garment made of kikoi, worn around the waist.
- The wind blows huge squalls of fine grey sand everywhere, so kikois (large cotton scarves) are wrapped around our heads, Lawrence of Arabia style.
- He tucked it into a kikoi wrapped round his waist.
- Folded into a narrow strip, our traditional Tanzanian sarong (or ‘kikoi’) makes an ideal central dressing for the refectory table; with this in place as an ‘inspiration piece’, the ideas fairly flow from us.
Definition of kikoi in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.