- A flat-woven carpet or rug made in Turkey, Kurdistan, and neighbouring areas: kilims on varnished floorboards [as modifier]: rich kilim rugsMore example sentences
- The cities of Mostar and Sarajevo are famous for their kilims (handwoven carpets).
- To convey a rich, warm, and cozy look, use heavily textured fabrics like kilims, woven woolens, and tapestries, and dark, fiery colors like reds and oranges.
- Among the nomads, men sat on kilims and carpets around a hearth outside the front of the tent to visit, drink coffee and tea, and eat.
late 19th century: via Turkish from Persian gelīm.
More definitions of kilimDefinition of kilim in:
- The US English dictionary