(also kill zone)
Definition of killing zone in English:
1The area of a military engagement with a high concentration of fatalities.
- Successful decisive combat operations are characterized by the application of overwhelming precision firepower in a killing zone while countering the enemy's ability to effectively return fire.
- At the onset of the war, both American and South Vietnamese government troops were routinely caught blindly entering the kill zone of enemy ambush sites.
- Proper training and preparation allowed us to react to the ambush, exit the kill zone, and effectively return fire against the enemy.
2An area of the human body where entry of a projectile would cause death, especially as indicated on a target for shooting practice.
- A simple paper plate is about the size of the kill zone on most big game animals.
- I had the crosshairs on his kill zone when a thought crossed my mind: ‘Is he the legal 15 inches tall?’ At 100 yards, it was hard to be sure.
- Amazingly, the buck stopped right where the doe had - 15 yards in front of the stand, his kill zone perfectly exposed.
Definition of killing zone in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan