(abbreviation: Kb or KB)
- A unit of memory or data equal to 1,024 bytes.More example sentences
- There are 8 bits in a byte, 1024 bytes in a kilobyte, and 1024 kilobytes in a megabyte.
- We used to measure data in terms of kilobytes and megabytes; now gigabytes and terabytes are the terms commonly discussed.
- We used a folder with 893MB of mixed data, with file lengths varying from a few kilobytes to tens of megabytes - 1470 files in all, some in the root directory, some in folders.
More definitions of kilobyteDefinition of kilobyte in:
- The US English dictionary