- A unit of energy of one thousand calories (equal to one large calorie).More example sentences
- In scientific terms, 1 calorie is a kilocalorie, which is the amount of energy required to raise 1 gram of water 1 degree Celsius.
- In the United States, energy is expressed in kilocalories or megacalories (Mcal).
- The units typically used for heats of sublimation are kilojoule per mole or kilocalories per mole.
More definitions of kilocalorieDefinition of kilocalorie in:
- The US English dictionary