- A measure of one thousand watts of electrical power.More example sentences
- Preparing for them each week requires forests of paper, quarried hillsides of chalk and untold kilowatts of electricity to power overhead lights and VCRs.
- On a sunny day, an area just a few paces on a side would generate a kilowatt of electrical power.
- Eight steam turbine generators each produce 8,000 kilowatts of electrical power, enough to serve a small city.
More definitions of kilowattDefinition of kilowatt in:
- The US English dictionary