- A measure of electrical energy equivalent to a power consumption of one thousand watts for one hour.More example sentences
- By using a 240-volt circuit (such as the outlet for an electric dryer), the car might be able to receive 240 volts at 30 amps, or 6.6 kilowatt-hours per hour.
- It takes about 12 kilowatt-hours of electricity to charge the car after a 50-mile trip.
- The power plant generated 5.22 billion kilowatt-hours of electricity, up 4.8 per cent from the previous year.
More definitions of kilowatt-hourDefinition of kilowatt-hour in:
- The US English dictionary