Definition of kinaesthesia in English:
Awareness of the position and movement of the parts of the body by means of sensory organs (proprioceptors) in the muscles and joints.
- Notably absent from this conventional taxonomy, however, is kinesthesia, our sensory awareness of the position and movement of the body.
- They have lost their proprioception (the sense of the body's position) and kinesthesia (the sense of the body's motion).
- The feeling of movement - discussed as kinaesthesia - is married to a musical sequence, by which the shapes seem to converse in a kind of inner-skull environment.
late 19th century: from Greek kinein 'to move' + aisthēsis 'sensation'.
- Example sentences
- The studies looked at changes in intelligence, psychomotor speed, executive functions, visuospatial ability, kinesthetic function and electrophysiological measures.
- These babies are easily overwhelmed by tactile, visual, auditory, and kinesthetic stimuli.
- The kinesthetic imagery and the visual imagery groups had to mentally rehearse the task six times following the same instructions as in the mental practice training.
Definition of kinaesthesia in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan