- A candleholder for seven candles, used in celebrating the festival of Kwanzaa: the seven principles of Kwanzaa are illustrated by the seven-candle kinaraMore example sentences
- For the duration of the holiday, from Dec. 26 until Jan. 1, stores will put on Kwanzaa displays using African themes and featuring a kinara.
- Each night during the celebration friends and families gather to light a candle, which is placed in a seven-branch kinara.
- At the celebration the community has a gathering of people where we light the first candle on the kinara.
1970s: Swahili, 'candleholder'.
More definitions of kinaraDefinition of kinara in:
- The US English dictionary