Definition of kind-hearted in English:
Having a kind and sympathetic nature: she was friendly and kind-hearted a kind-hearted local shopkeeper
More example sentences
- Born in Clooncormack, Hollymount she was kind-hearted by nature and generous to all and will be missed by her relations and neighbours.
- A village has been inundated with Christmas trees after kind-hearted locals answered an appeal.
- A kind-hearted man understood and took her to the blind school.
kind, caring, warm-hearted, tender-hearted, soft-hearted, kindly, benevolent, good-natured, good-hearted, mild, tender, warm, feeling, gentle, compassionate, sympathetic, understanding;
indulgent, humane, altruistic, patient, tolerant, lenient, merciful, benign, mellow, beneficent, amiable
- Example sentences
- Hawks comedian background enables him to kind-heartedly poke fun at everything and everyone he encounters, with large doses of self-depreciation mixed in.
- Two nuns live in the monastery nowadays, who, always willingly and kind-heartedly, open the heavy door to visitors and offer them cool water.
- Example sentences
- What if she had made use of her popularity to encourage those tycoons who were present on that day to open up their hearts and their wallets for the disaster victims in order to show their generosity and kind-heartedness.
- It is the people of York and surrounding areas who raise the money - it is your generosity and kind-heartedness which will guarantee the success of this appeal.
- Ultimately, this served the interests of those who were able to use their close relations with the president and exploit his kind-heartedness, to the detriment of the interests of the president himself.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India