Definition of kinesics in English:
plural noun[usually treated as singular]
1The study of the way in which certain body movements and gestures serve as a form of non-verbal communication.
- Other kinds of human communication [besides speech] are sometimes called language: body language, or kinesics, is one example.
- This was unfortunate as it narrowed the scope of the potential field, separating kinesics from much that was of interest to mainstream anthropology.
- After conducting fieldwork together in New Guinea, Bateson and Mead coproduced ethnographic films and photodocumentation of Balinese kinesics.
1.1 [usually treated as plural] Body movements and gestures regarded as a form of non-verbal communication.
- Mr. O was showing and acknowledging a greater affective range, both verbally and in his kinesics.
- The anatomical characteristics of a person have a definite bearing on our perception of his or her kinesics.
Words that rhyme with kinesicscoccyx • Sussex
Definition of kinesics in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.