- A mass of mitochondrial DNA lying close to the nucleus in some flagellate protozoa.More example sentences
- It is important to see the nucleus and the rod-shaped kinetoplast, a mitochondrial structure containing extranuclear DNA, to diagnose leishmaniasis.
- The mitochondrial DNA is condensed into a massive body called the kinetoplast.
- Numerous histiocytes contained small oval organisms with bar-shaped paranuclear kinetoplasts, morphologically consistent with leishmanial parasites.
More definitions of kinetoplastDefinition of kinetoplast in:
- The US English dictionary