Australian /NZ informal
Definition of king-hit in English:
A sudden knockout blow.
- The 30-year-old Williams was outed for 18 matches by the NRL judiciary following his king-hit on Wests Tigers veteran O'Neill at Leichhardt Oval last month.
- The Melbourne forward yesterday had his appeal against an 18-week suspension for a king-hit on O'Neill dismissed by the NRL judiciary chairman.
- What Sunday is expected to claim was a king-hit from behind, Latham told John Laws was ‘a bit of crowd control’.
verb[with object] Back to top
Punch (someone) suddenly and hard.
- That tackle led to Williams king-hitting O'Neill in back play
- Lawrence was ejected from the pub and then is shown coming back into the pub and king-hitting a bloke who collapsed to the floor.
- Convinced he was about to be king-hit, Banks threw out his forearm.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia