- A large penguin native to the Falklands and other Antarctic islands.
More example sentences
- Aptenodytes patagonica, family Spheniscidae
- Similar in size to present-day yellow-eyed or king penguins, Waimanu penguins stood about 26 to 30 inches tall.
- The rest stay aboard a 233-foot Finnish research vessel, taking day trips to see the island's king penguins, elephant seals, and giant petrels.
- While king penguins are a sub-Antarctic species, being based on islands dotted around the continent, emperor penguins are animals of the deep south.
More definitions of king penguinDefinition of king penguin in:
- The US English dictionary