- A cusk-eel of South African waters, which is an important commercial food fish.
More example sentences
- Genypterus capensis, family Ophidiidae
- The area - biologically rich, and home to various shallow and deepwater marine species such as hake, kingklip, monkfish, rock lobster and tune - faces serious threats from trawling and mining activities.
- The old man's platter had a slices of kingklip, succulent tender scallops and half a dozen tiger prawns done to perfection with savoury rice on the side.
- Black kingklip meat is lighter, larger, and firmer than the meat of its more expensive cousins.
early 19th century: abbreviation of kingklipfish, partly translating Afrikaans koningklipvis 'king rock fish'.