adjective (kinglier, kingliest)
Associated with or typical of a king; regal: his kingly duties
More example sentences
- The kingly or lordly attitude is one way: I make these wonderful objects and don't you come and mess about with them or misunderstand them.
- The king looked at her in a very kingly and grand fashion.
- What kingly magnificence could mean is brought to life by the great barrow-burial at Sutton Hoo on the East Anglian coast.
royal, regal, of a king, monarchical, sovereign, imperial, princely, crowned, supreme, absoluteregal, majestic, stately, august, noble, lordly, proud, dignified, distinguished, courtly; splendid, magnificent, fit for a king, grand, glorious, rich, gorgeous, resplendent, princely, superb, sumptuous, opulent, costly, fine, grandiose, imposing, impressive
informal splendiferous, posh
- More example sentences
- The sheer authority in his voice revealed his kingliness, and for a moment I understood Roahin's fear, if not his betrayal.
- His Lear simultaneously displays kingliness and frailty: he hands out directives, but fumbles.
- In some ways, perhaps, it was easier to kill the king than it was to kill the notion of kingliness.