Definition of kingly in English:
adjective (kinglier, kingliest)
Associated with or typical of a king; regal: his kingly duties
More example sentences
- The kingly or lordly attitude is one way: I make these wonderful objects and don't you come and mess about with them or misunderstand them.
- The king looked at her in a very kingly and grand fashion.
- What kingly magnificence could mean is brought to life by the great barrow-burial at Sutton Hoo on the East Anglian coast.
splendid, magnificent, fit for a king, grand, glorious, rich, gorgeous, resplendent, princely, superb, sumptuous, opulent, costly, fine, grandiose, imposing, impressive
informal splendiferous, posh
- kingliness noun
- Example sentences
- The sheer authority in his voice revealed his kingliness, and for a moment I understood Roahin's fear, if not his betrayal.
- His Lear simultaneously displays kingliness and frailty: he hands out directives, but fumbles.
- In some ways, perhaps, it was easier to kill the king than it was to kill the notion of kingliness.
Words that rhyme with kinglytingly
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.