- The half of the board on which both kings stand at the start of a game (the right-hand side for White, left for Black): he can build up on the kingside at his leisure [as modifier]: he attacked by advancing his kingside pawnsMore example sentences
- It would really be wonderful if White could get the Bishop working against the Black kingside the whole game through.
- Black's plan is obviously to advance his kingside pawns, but he must do this carefully lest he weakens his king.
- Bareev's king was chased from the queenside back to the kingside, when he resigned after 47 moves.
More definitions of kingsideDefinition of kingside in:
- The US English dictionary