- A family, clan, or other group based on kinship.More example sentences
- A clan is a corporate kinship group whose members are considered blood relatives and claim descent from a common ancestral spirit, but who may not know their precise genealogical relationship.
- In the absence of salient physical differences between Manchu and Han, the notion of common descent proved a powerful tool for uniting different lineages into an enormous kinship group capable of collectively opposing the Manchus.
- This attitude that family members should take care of one another extends to all relatives as well as the larger kinship group, which might include persons not directly related but considered family.
More definitions of kinship groupDefinition of kinship group in:
- The US English dictionary