(also kipa, kipah, or kippah)
- A skullcap worn by Orthodox male Jews.More example sentences
- Meir Tulkoff, however, wears a gray suit, revealing the tzitzit, or fringes, worn by Orthodox Jews, and a black kippa under a black hat.
- Once upon a time, it was common to see nonreligious male Jewish instructors wearing the kippa at work.
- It is then that he officially begins his Torah education, and starts to wear a kippah and tzitzit.
from modern Hebrew kippāh.
More definitions of kippaDefinition of kippa in:
- The US English dictionary