- A prehistoric refuse heap which marks an ancient settlement, chiefly containing bones, shells, and stone implements.More example sentences
- Some of these kitchen middens are very valuable to archaeologists; they tell us a lot about the lives of our ancestors.
- If bones of animals are found in kitchen middens it is proof that they were eaten by people.
- Along the coast of Southern California are many kitchen middens, where ancient Californians tossed refuse from their dinners.
More definitions of kitchen middenDefinition of kitchen midden in:
- The US English dictionary