- 1The action of flying a kite on a string.More example sentences
- Hundreds flock to the beach for picnics, kite-flying and watersports, including windsurfers who take full advantage of a brisk prevailing wind.
- Soccer was an early passion, followed by badminton, kite-flying and cricket.
- Although hardly an extreme sport, kite-flying can have its moments.
- 1.1The action of trying something out to test public opinion.More example sentences
- The Home Secretary's briefings may be kite-flying and he may go for voluntary ID cards.
- To say things about the death penalty now amounts to kite-flying.
- A lot of kite-flying is going on about these transfers.
More definitions of kite-flyingDefinition of kite-flying in:
- The US English dictionary