noun (plural same)
- A fruit with a thin hairy skin, green flesh, and black seeds: a cream sponge with strawberries and kiwi fruit two kiwi fruit, peeled and cut into pieces Formerly called Chinese gooseberry.
More example sentences
- This fruit is obtained from the East Asian climbing plant Actinidia chinensis (family Actinidiaceae)
- Junior's fruit platter came with grapes, apples, bananas and kiwi fruit.
- Good sources of vitamin C include peppers, Brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, oranges and kiwi fruit.
- Back in 1953, there were no avocados, no kiwi fruit, and not a suspicion of mozzarella and tomato pizza.
More definitions of kiwi fruitDefinition of kiwi fruit in:
- The US English dictionary