- An electric horn or warning hooter: the tug blew its klaxon three timesMore example sentences
- As a police helicopter thundered overhead, many of the demonstrators sounded klaxons and blew horns to make their point.
- After all the excitement had died down and we were getting on with what we were doing beforehand, the fire klaxon sounded again.
- Somewhere, off in the distance, a klaxon sounded and everyone around me started running.
early 20th century: from the name of the manufacturing company.
More definitions of klaxonDefinition of klaxon in:
- The US English dictionary