noun (plural knaidlach /ˈkneɪdlax/ or knaidels)
- A type of dumpling eaten in Jewish households during Passover.More example sentences
- In this case, they grind it up, add eggs and make kneidlach (dumplings).
- Chicken soup and ‘kneidlach’, ‘knishes’ and ‘kreplach’ and carrot ‘tzimmes’ are still made in the houses of those who came from Eastern Europe.
- The traditional accompaniments…include kishke (a sausage filled with a flour-and-onion stuffing) and various knaidlach - all part of the dumpling family of foods.
from Yiddish kneydel.
More definitions of knaidelDefinition of knaidel in:
- The US English dictionary