- Short trousers worn by men and fastened at or just below the knee.More example sentences
- Although aristocrats tended to favor powdered hair and tight-fitting knee breeches in the old style, most middle-class men wore trousers or pantaloons and kept their hair in a natural style.
- He wore a tall black hat trimmed with gold braid, a black swallow tail coat with a white silk lining, white knee breeches and black, silver buckled shoes.
- Visiting Americans have always found it rather charming that public buildings are guarded by a man dressed in knee breeches and silk stockings armed with a sword, rather than a burly soldier in full body armour carrying an assault rifle.
More definitions of knee breechesDefinition of knee breeches in:
- The US English dictionary