Definition of knee-high in English:
So high as to reach the knees: [as adjective]: knee-high boots [as adverb]: they were wading knee-high in the water
More example sentences
- She was dressed in a leather jacket, a mini skirt, and knee-high boots.
- She was wearing a short black skirt, knee-high black boots, and a pink halter top.
- Melissa wore a grey sleeveless top with a leather collar, knee-high brown boots and a black pleated skirt.
noun(usually knee-highs) Back to top
A nylon stocking with an elasticated top that reaches to a person’s knee.
- Dressing in my normal school uniform of a pleated skirt, white blouse, and black knee-highs, I joined Seth downstairs.
- But I still was hot so I took off my shoes and my knee-highs.
- The only knee-highs I had ever worn were fishnets, and they weren't exactly school material.
- knee-high to a grasshopper
- informal Very small or very young.Example sentences
- I haven't been on a bouncy castle since I was knee-high to a grasshopper.
- ‘They're a band I've loved since I was knee-high to a grasshopper, although I'm not much taller than that now,’ says Braithwaite.
- I have played since I was knee-high to a grasshopper.
Definition of knee-high in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.