Definition of knee-high in English:
So high as to reach the knees: [as adjective]: knee-high boots [as adverb]: they were wading knee-high in the water
More example sentences
- She was dressed in a leather jacket, a mini skirt, and knee-high boots.
- She was wearing a short black skirt, knee-high black boots, and a pink halter top.
- Melissa wore a grey sleeveless top with a leather collar, knee-high brown boots and a black pleated skirt.
noun(usually knee-highs) Back to top
A nylon stocking with an elasticated top that reaches to a person’s knee.
- Dressing in my normal school uniform of a pleated skirt, white blouse, and black knee-highs, I joined Seth downstairs.
- But I still was hot so I took off my shoes and my knee-highs.
- The only knee-highs I had ever worn were fishnets, and they weren't exactly school material.
knee-high to a grasshopper
- informal Very small or very young.Example sentences
- I haven't been on a bouncy castle since I was knee-high to a grasshopper.
- ‘They're a band I've loved since I was knee-high to a grasshopper, although I'm not much taller than that now,’ says Braithwaite.
- I have played since I was knee-high to a grasshopper.
Definition of knee-high in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan