Definition of knife-throwing in English:
A circus act or other entertainment in which knives are thrown at a target.
- World record knife-throwing champion Jayde Hanson was performing on ITV's This Morning show when one of his blades accidentally hit his assistant on the head.
- Premiering on July 10 and running for one month, the show will be featuring a variety of acrobat feats, such as contortion, knife-throwing, synchronized trapeze, and, of course, plenty of clowns.
- Tarantino regular Thurman is credible as the one-woman killing machine, proving equally adept at both knife-throwing and wielding a Samurai sword.
- Example sentences
- I had imagined knife-throwers to be tall, muscular and intimidating; not petite and blue-haired.
- He stopped painting and turned to the world of entertainment, working as a knife-thrower among other things.
- This dark, rather grotesque image shows the artist's masked face surrounded by blades thrown by a circus knife-thrower.
Definition of knife-throwing in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan