A circus act or other entertainment in which knives are thrown at a target.
- World record knife-throwing champion Jayde Hanson was performing on ITV's This Morning show when one of his blades accidentally hit his assistant on the head.
- Premiering on July 10 and running for one month, the show will be featuring a variety of acrobat feats, such as contortion, knife-throwing, synchronized trapeze, and, of course, plenty of clowns.
- Tarantino regular Thurman is credible as the one-woman killing machine, proving equally adept at both knife-throwing and wielding a Samurai sword.
- Example sentences
- I had imagined knife-throwers to be tall, muscular and intimidating; not petite and blue-haired.
- He stopped painting and turned to the world of entertainment, working as a knife-thrower among other things.
- This dark, rather grotesque image shows the artist's masked face surrounded by blades thrown by a circus knife-thrower.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: knife-throwing
Definition of knife-throwing in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.