- The title, rank, or status of a knight: he received a knighthood in the Birthday Honours [mass noun]: the basis of feudal knighthoodMore example sentences
- Unlike the hereditary peerages of old, knighthoods are not bestowed according to birth or social status.
- Honours, such as knighthoods, peerages, and other decorations, are awarded on his recommendation.
- Prince's Trust chief executive Tom Shebbeare received a knighthood in the Queen's personal honours list.
More definitions of knighthoodDefinition of knighthood in:
- The US English dictionary