- A dumpling of flaky dough with a savoury filling that is baked or fried.More example sentences
- Why do you think politicians go around munching on pizzas, knishes and egg rolls on the campaign trail?
- This means that of an evening I can choose to eat Cuban-Chinese nosh, a Polish dumpling or a Jewish knish.
- We unload more dishes, set the table for yet another feast: salmon, sable fish, bagels, antipasto, knishes, chopped liver… well, you get the picture.
Yiddish, from Russian knish, knysh, denoting a kind of bun or dumpling.
More definitions of knishDefinition of knish in:
- The US English dictionary