- A hole in a piece of timber where a knot has fallen out, or in a tree trunk where a branch has decayed.More example sentences
- Discreet knotholes in the wood provided excellent openings for eavesdropping.
- Somehow, it reminds me of when I was a kid, sitting in church, bored, staring at the pine wood ceiling, counting or looking for patterns in the knotholes.
- I could clearly see the bark, knotholes, even trunk rings in the petrified stumps - an indication of the growth of the trees in spring and summer.
More definitions of knotholeDefinition of knothole in:
- The US English dictionary