- 1The action or craft of tying knots in yarn to make carpets or other decorative items.More example sentences
- Off-loom techniques such as macramé and knotting were popular, and shaped weaving was tried.
- Anderson was a professional painter for 15 years before turning to Chinese knotting in 1996.
- 2A preparation applied to knots in wooden boards prior to painting to prevent resin from oozing through, typically consisting of shellac dissolved in methylated spirits.More example sentences
- In winter it became necessary to place sandbags against the door, and to stuff up the keyhole against the wind and rain, which had worn the paint so thin that the priming and knotting showed through.
More definitions of knottingDefinition of knotting in:
- The US English dictionary