- 1A plant of the dock family, which typically has sheaths where the leaves join the stems and is often an invasive weed.
More example sentences
- Polygonum and other genera, family Polygonaceae: several species, in particular Japanese knotweed
- Barberry, knotweed, and ailanthus are just some of the horticultural immigrants that continue to out-compete many of our indigenous species.
- Abundant goosefoot, some knotweed (both erect knotweed and other species), some wild rice, and seeds of various grasses and weeds were also recovered.
- Dock-leaved knotweed appeared in 1998, and overwhelmingly dominated the submergent littoral zone in 1999.
More definitions of knotweedDefinition of knotweed in:
- The US English dictionary